Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scary Situations Call For Tons of Faith - Do I have enough this time?

Well, my mom has a biopsy today on a mass they found during her mammogram yesterday. We are all pretty shaken up by it and I just keep saying, it can't be cancer, please God don't let it be cancer. I won't jump to any conclusions now, I will just keep praying. Joe reminded me of Hebrews 11:1
Faith in Action: Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
I studied that this morning, but brings me to my next point. Why is it that I haven't looked in my Bible in weeks.... but suddenly have to do that first thing this morning because I am terrified of what the results might be with my mom.

I think Elle said it best... "Mommy, I am real sad. I don't think about God all day, but I know He thinks about me all day. I don't think about him and I know that makes him sad. On the inside I believe in him, but on the outside I don't." She was crying when she said this. At first, I was very very confused.

But, now I get it. In the face of the unknown, liking finding out if you have cancer, you all of sudden believe him in on the outside; or pray that you have enough faith too!

Is my good luck running out when it comes to asking Him for healing? Take these examples just in the past few years....

  • Prayed that my dad's kidney's weren't failing and that he would find the right medicine to keep him alive (so far so good)
  • Prayed for Ann's baby not to have Downs, and he didn't. That was an awful time of waiting for results
  • Prayed that Tommy would survive, and he did
Have I asked and received so much that this time it could be the result I am not looking for?

1 comment:

Kari said...

Praying for your Mom and your family! I've been there...it's hard but the Lord gives you all you need to walk through it!